Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)$2000 Sign on Bonus
Direct Hire/Contract Travel
Vestal, New York
We are currently seeking a full time COTA to join a team at a SNF in Vestal, NY! $2000 SIGN ON BONUS INCLUDED!!!
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (C.O.T.A.) is a skilled technical worker who performs direct resident care activities under the clinical supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
1. Provide occupational therapy treatments to residents according to treatment plans developed by the Occupational Therapist.
2. Assist the Occupational Therapist when performing tests, evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
3. Observe, record and report to the therapist the conditions, reactions and responses related to assigned duties.
4. Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress notes on residents as directed by the therapist.
5. Assist with admission screening.
6. Assist the therapist in consulting with family members, physicians and other health care professionals, as appropriate.
7. Assist with the care of the occupational therapy department and equipment.
8. Assist the Occupational Therapist with in-service programs and other meetings as assigned by the Occupational Therapist.
9. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
10. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare�s regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
11. Attend and participate in, or provide information for rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problems or needs.
About the Area:
Vestal is a town within Broome County in the Southern Tier of New York. It lies between the Susquehanna River and the Pennsylvania border. It is west and southwest of Binghamton and home to Binghamton University. It has a suburban feel with plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, entertainment and sporting events. Many young professionals live in Vestal.
3 hours to NYC
3 � hours to Niagara Falls
1 hr 15 min to Syracuse
2 � hours to Albany
Qualifications1. Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
2. Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the state of practice.
3. Prefer experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Occupational Therapist and the policies and procedures of the facility.