The Engineering Manager will manage the Manufacturing Engineering Department consisting of all Manufacturing Engineers, Programmers, and the MRO buyer for equipment under the repairs and maintenance of the facility. They will provide leadership and support on the launch of new products, as assigned, to ensure timeliness and minimal errors, oversee the implementation of new processes, capacity increases, quality and scrap improvements, cost reductions, and support all technical requirements of the manufacturing environment. They will function as a Trainer, Coach, Leader, and Engineer in all Manufacturing aspects.
- Provide support to meet Plant and Manufacturing / Programming Engineering Department goals.
- Assure compliance to TS16949 and all other quality / business systems.
- Develop and monitor yearly scrap, repairs, and maintenance budget.
- Assist Operations in exceeding plant metrics.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through all activities associated with the quoting, development, and production.
- Exceed all internal and external customer expectations through continuous improvement, defect prevention, and elimination of waste.
- Maintain a zero-defect environment.
- Drive Engineers in the improvement of the cost and quality of manufacturing.
- S. Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
- 10+ years as an Engineer involved in Automotive small parts automation and implementation of new product lines, maintaining and modifying current products.
- Previous leadership experience with exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Proficient in Lean manufacturing techniques, cost quotes and analysis, cost reduction and justification, continuous improvement.
- Process Control (CPK a plus)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- TPM experience.
- GD&T experience