RN / Cath Lab
South Bend, IN
Sign on Bonus – 5K (1-2 years’ experience) to 10K (2+ years of experience in Cath Lab)
Will be on call
Reports to the Director. Provides professional nursing services. Assesses the needs of patients and initiates, implements and evaluates individualized plans of care. Collaborates with other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing quality care to patients.
Education and Experience:
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. Candidates hired after January 1, 2014 must have or obtain a BSN within three years of employment as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and competency in performing nursing care procedures, assessments, treatment and techniques.
2. Demonstrates advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions related to patient care.
3. Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, visitors, physicians and others. 4
. Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
5. Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and reasonably adaptable for scheduling purposes, when necessary, due to extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and department functions.
6. Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
1. Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities.
2. May be exposed to bio-hazards.
3. Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when on call.
Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
Who does this position report to?
Executive Director of Cardiac Services
Must have current Indiana RN license ACLS required within 12 months 30 minute call response time mandatory Candidate NEEDS Cath Lab experience
Progressive Cardiac Catheterization Lab performing over 1500 procedures per year that includes diagnostic caths, interventional caths, structure heart program, strong EP program with complex ablations.