Major company has opportunities for Quality Engineers
at a large state of the art facility northeast of the Atlanta metro that offers a better work/life balance than typically found. Will be involved with improving the quality of products by improving production efficiency and reducing process concerns. Will introduce, monitor and validate quality systems and procedures to ensure products and processes are quality. Will also be a customer representative in the production team in order to ensure the respect of the customer’s requirements, targets and satisfaction. Will address supplier concerns by communicating with suppliers about issues, review supplier corrective actions for closure and visiting supplier facilities for issues that re-occur. There is a very attractive benefit package and a relocation assistance is also available.
- Bachelor degree required with a preference for it being in engineering
- Must have at least 2 years of successful quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Skilled at performing root cause analysis and at using statistics to problem solve
- Experience with customer quality is needed
- SPC analysis is required
- Ability to use hand measurement tools is needed
- Skilled with problem solving using tools such as 5-WHY, 8-D, etc.
- Leading experience of internal audits is needed and knowledge of various standards such as IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and ISO 9000
- Excellent written and verbal skills are needed
- Effective presentation skills for presenting information to management, suppliers, customers and/or manufacturing staff
- Skills that are advanced with Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel as well as with Minitab
- CQE and Black Belt certification are preferred
- Prefer curing or mixing process experience