Our client is a recognized industry leader in network security technology that is experiencing enormous growth and who’s offerings are well-regarded as being some of the most innovative in their space. As a result of their expansion we are seeking a candidate with strong technical skills with network and security offerings to join their team in this role.
Position title: Tech Support Engineer
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey area
We are seeking a qualified technical support engineer candidate to add to the support team who’s responsibility will be to provide support to customers and partners for network security product offerings
- Leverage strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform level two technical support and network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Take ownership of customer technical issues and respond in a timely fashion to provide resolution to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain documentation in knowledgebase to support technical cases and to communicate with other departments.
- Understand the escalation process and be able to reproduce problems independently and work with engineering and other technical teams to resolve issues.
- Providing timely feedback into the development process on customer-reported product problems.
- 2-5+ years of technical support experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to speak Spanish IS REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently and effectively to respond customer technical issues
- Strong technical skills in these areas: Expert level knowledge and hands-on experience with L2/L3 Switching/Routing, TCP/IP, IPv4, L4/L7 switching, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, security consulting, SSL, IPSec.
- In-depth understanding of protocol and network analyzers. Experience with Perl scripting and penetration testing is a big plus
- Clear understanding of the software development process and lifecycle including the role of customer support and sustaining product engineering in that process.
- Proven track record for working with an enterprise and carrier class customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree