POSITION OVERVIEW: Our client located in the Chicago, IL in the downtown Loop area, is looking for a Database Modeler and Developer who will have the opportunity to not only do standard database development work, but also to help build the data infrastructure and data models to be used ongoing. The right candidate will need expert level SQL experience, and have a strong interest in growing into a Data Architect role as you help to evolve their data structures and move towards establishing a reliable data warehouse.
This is a nonprofit organization founded to support other nonprofit organizations, so having previous nonprofit experience, and/or data modeling experience in the banking industry, would be a tremendous plus. This is a unique opportunity for those interested in joining a mission-driven organization, where they truly see the purpose behind their work and believe in the mission; i.e. this is a place where you could feel a real sense of pride in the work you do because you can directly see the impact your having in the lives of others. This environment does not currently have a data modeler or architect, which will require this person to have the communication skills and demeanor to communicate technical instructions to non-technical business users in a positive way.
This is a Direct Hire position, not C2C, not contract, with no visa sponsorships available of any kind, and we do not work with any third party consulting firms. You must currently live in the United States to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you are looking for a contract position.
- Work with all divisions of the company, from sales, to business analytics, to determine needs and priorities
- Integrating both internal and external data, and other systems into the data warehouse environment
- Internal: Accounting system data, transitioning from legacy into the Sage accounting system
- External: Data files from a variety of sources, other organizations, static drives, files, etc to be integrated
- Integrate with cloud-based CRM systems such as MS Dynamics 365 and other software systems
- Translate business case data into data structures utilizing front-end GUI development and back-end reporting
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the technology, process, and usefulness of the data warehouse
- Document the new processes, maintenance guides, and definitions along the way
- At least 2 years of data modeling experience in a data warehouse environment
- Expert level experience writing SQL queries
- Advanced experience with both front-end GUI and back-end data integration
- Experience with cloud-based CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with others both in-person and over the phone
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience working in a nonprofit, or banking, or community development organization
- Sage Intact
This is a direct hire position with no visa sponsorships available, and we do not work with any-third party consulting firms.
Local candidates are preferred for this role because this company does not offer a relocation package, nor do they reimburse for travel expenses to the interview. Please consider that before applying.