Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and approving products and investigating analytical discrepancies in order to ensure that only products that meet company, customer and regulatory specifications are released.
- Auditing plant quality system related to manufacturing, loading, sampling, shipping and receiving as well as external wash-stations, break-stations and warehouses to ensure that the quality systems meet all applicable customer, company and regulatory quality specifications.
- Management of the pest control program and contractors ensuring that the plant meets all applicable GMP, safety and quality requirements in this area.
- Preparing for and representing the plant during and following up on results after customer audits.
- Managing document control process in accordance with ISO standards
- Determining root cause and corrective action in case of nonconforming product or other customer issues.
- Management of customer complaint process, including documentation, root cause analysis, customer responses, and complaint reduction goals.
- Providing technical assistance to Plant Operations, Sales and Customers.
- Lead personnel to deliver on annual quality objectives including ISO 9001 & FSSC 22000, HACCP, GMP and all food safety, food defense, & quality programs.
Company is one of the worlds largest in their area of specialty and provides a variety of products to customers in more than 60 industries including the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and animal feed industries. Voted as one of America's Best Big Companies to work for by a prominent financial magazine. Seeking a QA/QC Manager to ensure production of high quality, safe, products that meet all customer, company and regulatory specifications. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Located on the Iowa/Nebraska border on the banks of the Missouri River and less than 90 miles from Omaha and Sioux Falls. Excellent opportunity for someone looking to be involved in a Greenfield Startup.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or a related Food Science field with 5-7 years experience in industrial food manufacturing.
- Significant experience and knowledge of GMP, HACCP, FDA regulations and food ingredient quality control systems.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 quality systems
- Working knowledge of analytical methodology (standard methods) and wet chemical analysis with skills in troubleshooting equipment, methods and procedures.
- Experience in controlled documentation, operation of analytical equipment and sensory evaluation
- Experience utilizing Lean Six sigma tools to improve quality and food safety management systems
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a QA/QC laboratory/manufacturing environment.
- Proteins experience (milk, whey, soy, pea etc) a plus.