POSITION OVERVIEW: Our client located in Schaumburg, IL is looking for an IT Data Management Director to oversee the ongoing data reception process into the database and preparing it for product use. You will also have the technological expertise to help guide system modernization projects and fresh approaches to data management. You will be managing a team of 10 to 20 people in different disciplines, so having prior experience successfully managing teams of this size is essential. This company has an exceptional benefit and personal time off package to ensure an excellent work-life balance, and the job itself provides daily variety in terms of challenges to work on. You'll find a large number of team members and colleagues who have been with the organization for 10+ years (and in our experience, people don't tend to stay that long if they are not being treated well). This is a great culture, stable company, and a place where you can establish a long term career with a company you can be proud of.
This is a Direct Hire position, not C2C, not contract, with no visa sponsorships available of any kind, and we do not work with any third party consulting firms. You must currently live in the United States to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you are looking for a contract position.
- Consistently seek data management improvement and potential architecture redesign.
- Prioritize and schedule work, direct staff to perform all the required duties of the Data Analysis and Integration team.
- Manage daily production schedule, coordinating all demands on key data warehouses/marts.
- Develop and manage processes that ensure data analysis and quality checks are performed throughout the data development process.
- Oversee analysis of raw data for new or missing data elements or formats; investigate data problems and correct before entry into database.
- Oversee analysis of data trends and anomalies; find and correct problems; develop and propose database improvements and coordinate their implementation.
- Develop and/or enhance data handling rules to maximize effective use of data.
- Ensure that all processes meet compliance standards.
- Select, develop, motivate and manage staff; increase their responsibilities where possible to further their individual growth; promote teamwork.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships to ensure smooth and ongoing receipt of data and correct use of data in products/deliverables.
- Possess ability and willingness to execute some tasks directly if needed.
- Work closely with business counterparts to determine feasibility of new potential data sources and develop rules to effectively leverage new sources.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of people management experience.
- Must have Agile Methodology experience in a software development environment.
- Strong technological skills, experience and knowledge of data management tools and trends (DataStage experience is a plus, but not required).
- Solid analytical and project management skills in an agile environment.
- Experience in data quality in both an operations and production environments.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- AWS experience is a plus, but not required.
This is a direct hire position with no visa sponsorships available, and we do not work with any third party consulting firms.
Local candidates are preferred for this role because this company does not offer a relocation package, nor do they reimburse for travel expenses to the interview. Please consider that before applying.