PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IRVINE, CA OR MADISON, NJ.
Tope Tier Global Pharmaceutical company is expanding and adding a Director of Medical Science Library- competitive compensation package - including base, bonus, stock, and other incredible Long Term Incentives
The Director of the Global Medical Science Library provides a vision for, leads, and is accountable for the administration, oversight, and propagation of this department, including the acquisition, planning, staffing, and maintaining of all medical and scientific library operations, tools, and solutions for R&D worldwide. The Director represents the Library in the business community, collaborates with users, providers, formulates Library policies, and monitors the overall effectiveness of its staff and deliverables. The Director helps prepare and leads the implementation long-range plans.
More specifically, the Director is responsible for drafting the Library budget and spending controls. The Director leads the discussion and development of strategy and objectives, and assures alignment of the Library with R&D goals and initiatives. Furthermore, the Library Director owns the process and execution of all vendor contracts. The Director is responsible for Library technology and applications needed by R&D and maintains awareness of emerging solutions. The Director leads the Competitive Intelligence function of The Library and guides processes and technology for Knowledge Management. The Director is responsible for continuous improvements in the delivery and usage of Library tools and solutions.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Directs all operations, communication, strategy, and functions of the Library
- The quality, accessibility, and usability of tools and solutions
- The Virtual Library
- Competitive Intelligence alerts
- Knowledge Management
- Pharmacovigilance (literature support)
- Budget, spending, vendor relations
- Library advocacy and promotion
- Workforce management, recruiting and career development
- Alignment with R&D and corporate goals
- Leads technology development and touch points with the IT department.
- Responsible for the professional development and careers of reporting staff.
- Oversees relationships with key executives.
- Creates Library policies.
- Maintains awareness of Copyright law and library ordinances.
- Plans for the future of the Library and evaluates technology innovation.
- Controls and implements processes for continuous improvement.
- Monitors user perception of service models, tools, and solutions.
- Presides over and guides agenda for department meetings and events
- Guides collaboration with user groups, stakeholders, and interacting departments.
- Supports the Associate Vice President, Medical and Science Information, in matters related to the Library function.
Leads the acquisition and delivery of Competitive Intelligence information to the business, including the WATCH program, collaboration with R&D, Business Development, and Global Strategic Marketing. Evaluates and implements solutions for emerging user needs.
Keeps informed of developments in the pharmaceutical industry and information/computer science through source material, workshops and seminars, continuing education programs, and by participation in activities of prestigious professional organizations.