· To schedule the shop floor activities throughout the Plant to ensure maximum production, organization of activities, parts/traveler flow and monitor production control activity. Coordinate the release of all production work orders to manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Maintain a list of unreleased work orders and their processing status.
o Finish processing details of the work order.
o Add any work instructions for manufacturing in the operation comments.
o Add materials to the work orders.
o Discuss special needs with management for specified work orders.
o Mark work orders as engineered.
2) Plan and rough schedule projects.
o Breakdown each sales order and rough schedule work orders using backward and forward scheduling methods.
§ Calculate when each task or operation needs to be completed, in order to be able to ship sales orders on time to the customer.
§ Adjust due dates on work orders to reflect the dates they must be completed, in order to accommodate the demand in the system.
§ Use capacity planning to determine what resources can complete each operation without overloading the resources.
3) Process rework work orders for manufacturing
o Coordinate with the resource scheduler to fit the rework work order into the schedule.
o Report to the customer service group if the rework will put the sales order due date at risk.
4) Edit work orders when needed for manufacturing.
Keep a log of all work that needs revisions after the initial work order release.
5) Aid in job costing when needed.
6) Performs other related duties as assigned.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: N/A
1. Oral and Written Communication Skills
2. Computer Skills-Vantage, Excel, Word
4. Organization Skills
5. Time Management
6. Material Requirement Planning
7. Project Management
KEY BEHAVIORAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS:
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
**While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process. Hand dexterity, several hours per day at a computer.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
3+ years Manufacturing, Process Planning
Prior Process Planning experience preferred
3+ years in a Manufacturing Environment
Intermediate experience with Vantage Modules including: Job Mgmt and Inventory Mgmt preferred