The Industrial Engineer recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and waste reduction by restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow and/or relocating workstations and equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Manages and Supports Industrial Engineering activities on high volume lines with both internal and external Customers, typically no less than 5 lines.
- Drives substantial continuous improvement cost saving avoidance activities of no less than $300k annually.
- Interprets and communicates production scrap, labor, and overtime OEE reports by giving recommendations for improvement to product teams and others to create focused problem solving.
- Promote and drive continuous improvement by creating measurables beyond production reports and goal charts to pinpoint production problems using various 6 sigma and lean tools.
- Establish rates for manufacturing routings by studying designed or conceptual production processes and operations to accurately document labor costs.
- Review monthly labor history reports/OEE and/or make improvements to the production process or operation.
- Manage process/operation design and improvement.
- Create and maintain capacity models for effective utilization of equipment.
- High volume communications directly and indirectly with commercial, sales and engineering team for new business awards and capacity projects.
- Create and maintain flowcharts, PFMEAs, routings, work instructions, routing cards and complete customer specific documents as required per standards.
- Understand customer packaging design requirements and work directly with packaging suppliers to design/define/create packaging materials.
- BS Engineering or similar.
- Two or more years automotive manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cost quotes, cost reduction, cost justifications, and continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge in establishing measurable and labor standards/takt time.
- Two+ years’ experience CAD/Drafting Tool design software.
- Experience in new product launch activities from initiation stages.
- Expert in use of Lean MSDS tools and analysis & application.