Innovative nationwide general contractor is seeking Estimators and Senior Estimators across the TX region in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio. Estimators will work primarily on negotiated commercial projects within these core markets--high rise, healthcare, higher ed, advanced technology, corporate office, life sciences--and work closely with architects, engineers, owners, and subcontractors.
Currently hiring the following:
Senior Estimator, Dallas with at least 10 years experience in advanced tech, data center, mission critical.
Senior Estimators, Austin and San Antonio, with at least 10 years experience in one or more core markets: healthcare, advanced tech, life sciences, corporate office, higher ed
Estimators, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, : with at 3-7 years commercial experience in core markets.
Qualified candidates must have experience with a medium to large general contractor (or concrete subcontractor) on project sizes ranging from at least 5M to 20M and up to 1B.
Responsibilities for this position and required skills include:
- Handling the project from first estimate all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
- Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for customers, empowering and informing them throughout the project.
- Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimates and as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Must be able to collaborate with project team to establish the necessary staffing and project requirements.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Make subcontractor award recommendations to the customer/owner and negotiate and finalize subcontracts with trade partners.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Able to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Ability to identify, adapt to, and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment, with both external and internal teammates.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software (WinEst, Timberline or similar), take-off software (On-Screen Takeoff or similar), BIM tools (Revit, Assemble, etc.), project management software (CMiC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This job is salaried.