Summary: The Nigh Shift Production Supervisor in conjunction with all departments to enhance overall production, quality, and business systems and processes. Will have responsibilities for 45 operations personal.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
Promoting and implementing values, work ethic, and team concept approach
- Developing and enforcing SOP's (standard operating procedures), and GMP's (Good Manufacturing practices which are compliant with SQF and HACCP
- meet forecasting requirements
- maintaining a production forecast to minimize labor, material and overhead costs
- understanding budgets and product costs
- managing measurable goals and expectations for production and production staff of approximately 45 employees.
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Making fact based decisions based on collected data and history
- Promoting safety culture
- Understanding of USDA and FDA guideline
- Understanding of SQF requirements and HACCP related systems
- Aware of any safety issues and addressing them accordingly
- Staffing Levels – Know if we are short/long
- Review Schedule – On schedule/ahead/behind, adjust accordingly
- NCPs – Be aware of all NCPs and investigating Production responsibilities to close them
- Look for trends and address accordingly
Educational and Experience Requirements
Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years operations experience in food processing and industrial environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with technical knowledge of production flow in a food manufacturing environment.
- Efficient in all computer desktop skills to include, excel, word and power point.