Established and growing company has an opportunity for a Controls Engineer
commutable to the east of the Columbia, SC metropolitan area. In this capacity will support activities related specification, implementation and validation of controls systems for new equipment by interfacing with process / project engineering employees at the plant and overseas. Will also interface with machine suppliers. Will support troubleshooting of direct production controls issues both hardware and software related.
- Technically related bachelor degree needed
- 5+ years of experience with Siemens Step 7
- assembly equipment controls integration and programming for assembly equipment for 5+ years
- very proficient with MS Office suite
- able to travel up to under 10% internationally
- open to overtime and weekend work
- experience with Phoenix Contact hardware and software
- application and setup of vision systems
- experience with part presence/detection system
- strong people skills and very good communication skills
- must be a very good problem solver
- need experience with integration of direct measurement systems: distance, leakage, force, flow, etc.
- prefer Oracle database programming experience