Job # 3199
The select Antenna Engineer will turn new, innovative antenna concepts into competitive products. Come join our RF Antenna division as a senior small cell / base station antenna designer. You should have a passion for accepting challenges with demonstrated experience designing, testing and simulating small arrays, wireless LAN, Multiband, dual polarized omni directional Antennae while working in a fast paced environment.
Our state of the art facilities include a modern lab environment, and 3 test ranges. A farfield tapered range, a planer cylindrical anechoic chamber, and a passive intermodulation (PIM) test facility.
If you’re an Antenna engineer, and a skilled team player with the ability to deliver against tight deadlines, then please read on.
• You will be utilizing your current skills as an antenna designer within our group, building and designing new antenna projects from initial concept to production launch.
• You will evaluate antenna performance using network analyzer and antenna chambers.
• You will design antennas using 3D computer simulation software - HFSS.
• Prepare and deliver antenna concept reports and final antenna performance reports internal and to customers.
• Research trade publications, patents, technical papers and existing products to determine the “state of the art" of antenna technology.
• Work as part of an engineering design team alongside of our mechanical engineers, the antenna lab, project managers, product managers and sales professionals.
You can expect Fantastic Benefits from a major insurance supplier to include medical, vision and dental as well as a 401K plan with a generous employer match, PTO, and a unique wellness allowance which can be used toward fitness and health plans of your choosing.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We don't discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
This antenna position is located in the beautiful Northeast (New Hampshire) where the cost of living is very reasonable, the air is pure, and life is good. It also comes with room for growth, and with GREAT benefits to include a 401K match, great medical, dental and vision, as well as a very unique wellness plan which you can use for a gym membership or to purchase your own gym Equipment. The philosophy is, Your Health equals a happy engineer!
This mid-level antenna engineer will have 5 or more years of Antenna experience, coupled with a Bachelors, or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, physics, math or a related field.
The select candidate must currently reside in the USA, and have designed Antennae in an industry work setting for at least 5 years, thus is Not an entry level position.
Required experience includes:
• Experience in low cost antenna designs.
• Design experience with antenna element arrays/panels < 6.5 GHz for dual slant polarization.
• Familiar with state of the art designs for commercial antennas such as for Base station, Arrays, MIMO and small cell applications
• Preferred experience in designing Low PIM antennas.
• Confident in designing as well as building and testing.
• Hands on experience in using anechoic chambers.
• Expert in simulating and optimizing antenna performance in HFSS.
• Hands on experience in using network analyzers for evaluating S-Parameters using gating in time domain.
• Fluent in using and understanding the smith chart.
• Hands on experience with MATLAB.
• Proven track record of antennas on the market.
• Ability to complete antenna projects from initial concept to product launch with minimal supervision.
• Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert”.