DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING
Responsible for daily manufacturing operation with three shifts and approximately 200 employees, both hourly and salary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create schedules, production plans, and material requirements.
Coordinate Engineering, Production Control, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams to meet production schedules.
Address rush orders, prepare standard progress reports and eliminate difficulties and delays.
Oversees plant hourly worker manning levels and overtime requirements.
Process analysis, plant efficiency improvements, and product quality improvements.
Develop yearly manufacturing plan to meet objectives.
Cost justifications and capital requests.
Human Resources interaction to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
Ensure adherence to safety policies and procedures.
Supervise 8-10 direct reports.
Monitor work flow, product quality, and other performance measurements.
Skills and abilities
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with employees at all levels
- Proficiency in manufacturing scheduling systems and Microsoft software
- BS/BA in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 10 years in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills.
- Metal working and welding experience preferred.
- “Job” or “Custom” Shop experience preferred. (KEY REQUIREMENT)
- Evaporator coils, heat exchangers, coolers or closely related heat transfer product manufacturing experience is required