US citizenship required
The project is classified research for a government agency. It deals with data networking and content delivery over networks. We will be experimenting with hardware to assess performance and efficiency. We will also be performing simulations and emulations using open source tools.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Research Scientist with some background in Cyber Security to work at our Basking Ridge NJ location. This position requires the ability to perform research in a laboratory setting using commercially available networking hardware, simulation tools (e.g. NS3) and emulation tools (e.g. GNS3). A qualified candidate should have a demonstrated ability to perform research in the area of data networking including orchestrating experiments, collecting data and assessing results. Software development skills are required. These would include both scripting languages (e.g. Python) and compiled languages (e.g. C++). A background in Cyber Security would be a significant plus including knowledge of intrusion detection and mitigation technologies. Resumes are sought from those with strong system development skills and a willingness to learn and explore.
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD's on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Assitionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking
• Experience with network simulation tools (e.g. NS3, OpNet)
• Proficiency in at least one systems programming language (e.g. C, C++) and at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl)
• Experience with performing scientific experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies
• Effective communication and writing skills.
• U.S. Citizenship Required
• Willingness to acquire DoD clearance
• Experience with cyber security technologies including intrusion detection and attack mitigation.
• DoD Top Secret clearance