Love your job!
This opportunity is available because the Engineering Manager was promoted to a Business Unit Manager which has created this opening. This company is growing and has just added 30,000 sq ft to their building to accommodate this growth. Unlimited potential for motivated career minded individuals. Nice suburban location, casual work environment.
- Engineering Degree-BSME preferred
- 5-10 years of experience designing electro mechanical components
- 1-2 years of management of staff or project management will be considered
- Aerospace experience a plus but not a must.
Manage product line engineering group to execute engineering projects that meet customer, regulatory requirements. A typical Engineering Group would consist of Product Design Engineers and CAD Designers/Draftspersons. Engineering Projects include new product development to bring a concept to production, proposal and cost estimate generation for new products and product support. Customer requirements are technical and programmatic in nature and requirements are cost, schedule and compliance.
- Work requires application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conference to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Receives little supervision and dance and only in terms of specific work objectives and critical issues
- Responsibility for the direction of others: Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of engineers
- Generate and administer annual Performance Reviews for group members, make salary adjustment recommendations within company guidelines and define job performance expectations for next 12 month evaluation period and identify Group member skills/training needs, recommend improvement plans and implement approved plans
- Generate Monthly Reports on projects progress/go forward plans to company and corporate staff
- Review and approve group generated Engineering Documents (proposals, cost estimates, drawings, specifications, reports, etc.) and Engineering Purchase Authorizations
- Drive group members to regularly report significant customer communications, project progress/milestones, scope creep and meet project cost, schedule and requirements
- Actively seek, identify and communicate to Sales new product opportunities during customer visits/contacts
- Perform other duties as required