Outside Sales Executive -
Location: Chicago, IL
Summary: As a key member of our rapidly growing organization, The Sales Associate ultimately acts as the face of our company by delivering outstanding customer service and building strong relationships. He or she will be responsible for selling products for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promoting and selling a diverse, high end product line.
- Sales Associates will adapt the process of cultivating and producing sales revenue through the development and growth of new sales and by increasing sales with existing accounts.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services
Qualified Applicants should possess:
- One to two years of related experience in restaurant, food sales, or professional catering
- High energy and enthusiastic with a competitive spirit
- Candidates must live in the assigned geographic sales area
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Self-starter. Must ask questions and learn new skills quickly on the job
- Driven, team player that is motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activates
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds in a fast-paced working environment
- College Degree desired but not required
- Past experience working as a Chef highly desired
- High Energy and enthusiastic
What our client offers
Our client is dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed, as well as to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- Free Term Life Insurance
- Free Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick
- The opportunity for growth at a rapidly expanding company
Our client is a rapidly growing specialty food distributor that has been purveying artisan and high-quality food products for high-end chefs. For over 30 years, the organization has worked to anticipate the specialty needs of discerning chefs across the US and Canada and provide them with products that please and delight the palate of those who enjoy their superior food preparation skills. The leadership team at our client has made it their mission to continually explore and seek additional brands to be added to their highly regarded portfolio of products so as to continue to be a preferred source for our customers.
Today, our client is proud to offer our customers products from recognized brands …inspiration for chocolate, dessert and pastry professionals. And we continue to keep a watchful eye on other brand opportunities that could continue expanding our portfolio of brands and further strengthen our support to our many chef’s at some of the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores in the US and Canada.
In addition to our keen eye on our customer, our client is being recognized for delivering solid growth and impressive financial performance to our stakeholders. We know that there are many reasons for our success…chief among those reasons is our people. Our client believes that having the best and highly prepared people in place to meet the needs of our customers is critical to our business. We’ve seen the results and…as we have with our brands, we fully intend to continue seeking and bringing on board sharp leaders…at all levels…who can help us continue in the success of our business.
Our client hires exceptional people who love what they do. They believe in building relationships, in solving problems and in delivering outstanding service.