- Aligns leadership for inventory flow and management process focusing on end-to-end planning of inventory from purchase requisition to customer invoice and take appropriate action to maximize inventory productivity (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Manage the S&OP process
- Active leader in recruiting, hiring and development of staff to maximize retention.
- Communicate inventory position, budget (OTB), financial re-forecast to senior management.
- Responsible for purchasing and distribution strategies to support concept goals; Sets the vision for all inventory flow & management processes including timing and execution.
- Validate and influence demand & inventory management plans to support projects and promotions
- Facilitate meetings with sales teams to validate forecasts over and above core business; Constant interaction with sales and assessment of demand requirements. Reflect or monitor changes in SKU level forecasts.
- Conduct financial risk assessments on above; conduct root cause analysis when necessary; support internal customer service inquiries, Provide leadership across inventory management functions concerning analysis, generation of actionable insight and resulting recommendations.
- Lead weekly calls with all OEMS and 3PLs, Participate in after-hours conference calls with overseas factories, often once weekly
- Identify current and potential product shortages, develop and execute recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans.
- Maintain and update master files [items, vendors, etc], coordinate SKU level unit forecasts with agreed to Product Category revenue expectations.
- Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals, provide reports and requested information to management as needed.
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet service and inventory turn objectives.
- All other projects / duties as assigned.
Our energy client is hiring a Sr. Manager of DemandPlanning in their Sacramento center.
This role contributes to success by providing leadership and strategic direction to inventory management teams to optimize Inventory Management, employ best practices for physical inventory and drive inventory decisions. This role will manage all aspects of strategic, long range inventory decision making and will work cross-functionally with supply, demand, sales and finance teams to optimize and manage the financial performance of global inventory. This role must be able to understand the fulfillment strategy and provide expertise in the development and implementation of inventory policies, problem solving, goals, and performance measures.
This role will play a strategic leadership role while working tactically to motivate his/her teams to adhere to a disciplined inventory process.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, statistics or industrial engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- 8 years+ experience in product planning and/ or supply chain, preferably in high volume retail environment
- Experience leading S&OP process
- Analytical and statistical (quantitative) skills
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with sales and marketing organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Oracle, SO99+, Logility or other supply chain planning systems is preferred but not mandatory.
- Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. Intermediate/Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups) and general familiarity with new software systems
- Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities.
- Good understanding of Master Data and Databases
- Experience in process improvement initiatives
- Team player, experience in working in a highly cross-functional organization