Controls Engineer- Manufacturing - $75-90,000 - relocation paid - Excellent salary and excellent benefits -- Canton, Ohio
Currently looking for qualified individuals to fill Controls Engineer openings with a new plant of a national food/dairy products manufacturer located in Wooster, OH. Interested candidates should have 2 - 5 years’ experience with Manufacturing Process Controls, including PLC Programming preferably with food and beverage manufacturing experience.
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer
- Manage and support controls/automation projects installing new manufacturing systems and upgrading existing systems.
- Project management of process equipment installation, optimization as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Design and Specification of Controls and Automation Panels and Hardware
- Provide Direction and Support for PLC ladder logic programming and HMI Application programming performed by internal maintenance and outside contractors.
- Provide Technical Mentorship and Direction for other Engineers, Maintenance and Operations Personnel.
- Develop and follow Control Standards
- 2-5 years’ experience with Manufacturing Process Controls, including PLC Programming. (Food and Beverage Manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required)
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering or related field
- Experience in Ladder Logic Programming, HMI applications, Wonderware, ArchestrA, MES helpful but not required
- Strong Computer Skills (Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is highly preferred
- Experience with Project Management of large capital initiatives.
The starting annual salary for this position ranges from $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 plus relocation assistance and added benefits including 401k profit sharing and possible bonus.