Sr. Controls Engineer- Allen Bradley - Food/Bev Manufacturing -- $95-115,000 - relocation paid - Excellent salary and benefits -- Canton, Ohio
Job Summary -- Sr. Controls Engineer -- PLC Programming:
The Controls Engineer will manage and support controls/automation projects installing new manufacturing systems and upgrading existing systems. The primary software applications for this position will be Rockwell Automation, Control Logix 5000, Wonderware and Archestra/MES. The primary focus of this position will be project management of process equipment installation, optimization as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
The Controls Engineer reports directly to the Plant Engineering Manager. The position will also function as a technical resource that may be called upon by the corporate office, various departments, and/or peers.
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer -- PLC Programming:
- Project Management - Manage Capital Projects from Conceptual Design through Start-up. This would include, but not limited to: cost estimating, specifications, design, PID review.
- In the field directing contractor of all trades, working with OEM technicians, and working with plant personnel will be part of the roles responsibility
- Installation, I/O Checkout, Startup, and Plant Acceptance
- Design and Specification of Controls and Automation Panels and Hardware
- Provide Direction and Support for PLC ladder logic programming and HMI Application programming performed by internal maintenance and outside contractors.
- Provide Technical Mentorship and Direction for other Engineers, Maintenance and Operations Personnel.
- Develop and follow Control Standards
Education and Experience Requirements for the Controls Engineer -- PLC Programming:
- 6-20 years’ Experience Manufacturing Process Controls, including PLC Programming in Food or Dairy or Beverage or Pharma Manufacturing setting
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering or related field
- Excellent Formal and Informal Communication Skills, Professional Attitude, and Professional Appearance.
- Ladder Logic Programming, HMI applications, Wonderware, ArchestrA, MES
- Strong Computer Skills (Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is highly preferred
- Experience with Project Management of large capital initiatives.
$95-115,000 plus 2-3% Holiday bonus + 45% match up to 8% - profit sharing payout (goes to 401K), Relocation assistance and excellent benefits
Apply for immediate interview consideration!