Summary of Position:
The FP&A Analyst position includes importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling of data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases / data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sheets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Monitor inventory levels very closely and resolve any issues that may become apparent
- Develop dashboards to track remediation of issues
- POS Data / Customer Web Portal – take a creative approach in pulling data to assist in forecasting trends
- Assist in providing in depth data for the S&OP team
- New Part Analysis – (Item Master, Routing, Preference Profiles, BOM, UPC Codes, Pricing & Cross reference and announcements to customers
- Acquire and learn program on converted to move from PILS to Industry Std PIES
- Retail Document Support
- Assist with Retail reports and required (Open order vs inventory, Fill Rate reports, Vendor Net Reports, Master Case checks, BISS/PIES/PILLS/UPS set up / images, RGA’s, Master Files, and Notifications of Obsolete Product)
- Retail New Product Loads
- Stock Lifts, Document Control and Catalog Questions
- Analyze Customer Inventory
- Accounting background
- Supply & Demand Forecasting (must have)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (must have)
- Expert Excel user (over 250,000 lines of data)
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) experience added plus
- JD Edwards (JDE) experience added plus
- Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) experience added plus
- Business Intelligence (BI) experience added plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Analytical Skills: Analysts work with large amounts of data; facts, figures, and number crunching. Must be able to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Communications Skills: Analysts are often called to present their findings or translate the data into an understandable document. Must be able to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: Analysts must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. Analysts have to make sure they are vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions. Must have excellent visual design sense regarding clear and accurate presentation of data.
- Math Skills: Analysts need math skills to estimate numerical data.
- Computer Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with computers (JD Edwards World, AS400, QRY400, World Writer) and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & alternative database skills (Microsoft SQL server)
- BS in Accouting, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems or Statistics
- 3-5 years’ experience