This job reports to Service Manager according to company Organizational Chart.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Travel to install new equipment and resolve difficulties with company machinery.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (performs some or all of the following)
- Travel 50% of the time to customer’s facilities to resolve problems with client machinery.
- Install new machinery.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in all or some of the following areas, including interactions between areas.
- Mechanical issues on the equipment.
- Electrical issues on the equipment.
- Hydraulic issues on the equipment.
- Pneumatic issues on the equipment.
- Process issues on the equipment.
- Troubleshoot machine problems for customers, sometimes over the phone or via e-mail.
- Provide the customer with a positive sense of what our company is, the service technician is a front line ambassador.
- Communicate with Mechanical Engineering.
- Communicate with Electrical Engineering.
- The above description in no way states that these are the only duties to be performed by someone with this job title.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Excellent general understanding of machine tool equipment in general.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Acrobat Reader as well as other programs.
- Ability to read and understand ladder logic for diagnostic purposes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years technical experience with machinery and related equipment preferred.
- Minimum 1 year electrical trouble shooting experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.