Under minimum supervision, the Maintenance Training Engineer will deliver technical maintenance training for CNC applications to Machine Tool Builders (MTB’s), machine tool dealers, end-users, and personnel. May also provide direct service and support to customers, distributors and personnel via telephone, on-site visits, and Web based technology.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed technical training to customers, distributors, MTB’s, and personnel on all Company CNC products through in-house and on-site training courses
- Provide technical support to customers, machine tool dealers, MTB’s, and personnel on Company CNC products and able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair machines in the field
- Actively identify opportunities for customized/ specialized training classes per customers’ needs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and curriculum’s for CNC maintenance courses
- Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications through self-study, hands-on testing at simulators and customer visits
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- 50% travel for training and support within the America’s.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- BS in Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or the equivalent experience
- 2+ years of maintenance experience diagnosing faults on CNC systems
- Experience with a wide range of machine tools and the equipment to service those machines
- Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge
- Technical writing skills for preparing training manuals and reference material
- Customer service and phone skills
- Perform technical training and seminars for large groups
- Organization skills, i.e. records of training activities, work area and time management
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
- Strong background in CNC and machine tool programming and operation
- G-code, Auto Programming, PLC, and machine tool operation
- Experience with PC hardware and software with specific experience in industrial applications, preferred.
- Previous experience teaching adult learners is also a plus.