Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Area Manager will oversee activities in support of the production objectives for the Terpene area and will be responsible for cultivating a positive culture, mentoring direct reports and driving results with a sense of urgency as needed to meet operational targets /objectives in a timely manner.
- Oversight for the terpene and tolling areas, including the direct supervision in a 24-hour/7 days a week union production department of 20+ operators and one coordinator.
- Manages production with a results-driven / sense of urgency framework focused on safety, quality and continuous improvement to meet customer demand and company goals.
- Develops a culture which minimizes risks throughout the area and ensures compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sets, monitors and uses the area KPI’s to drive efficiencies and value throughout the organization. Regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results. Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Oversees the development of operational and capital project plan and budget for the area, submits projects as necessary for review and approval.
- Manages activities related to material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Oversees the production schedule and overall efficiencies, addresses any issues within the department by working jointly with other departments. Supports the manufacturing organization with technical resources to resolve equipment and process issues and collaborates with other department leaders to resolve issues.
- Manages and develops all employees. This includes recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring and giving proper performance feedback. Identifies training requirements and develops the skill-set within the team to support existing and new technologies.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the chemical or petroleum field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience in a chemical or manufacturing industry.
- Strong leader who is results-driven with focus on future growth and optimization.
- Experience managing a continuous distillation facility is a plus.
- Must have ability to interface with diverse teams, including vendors, business line management, operators, maintenance, project management, engineering, and colleagues in other global production facilities.
- Computer Proficiency in all MS Office Software Applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with proven time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of personal responsibility and initiative is required. Must possess a high level of integrity as well as excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.