Manage product line engineering group to execute engineering projects that meet customer, regulatory requirements. A typical Engineering Group would consist of Product Design Engineers and CAD Designers/Draftspersons. Engineering Projects include new product development to bring a concept to production, proposal and cost estimate generation for new products and product support. Customer requirements are technical and programmatic in nature and requirements are cost, schedule and compliance.
• Work requires application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
• Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conference to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
• Receives little supervision and dance and only in terms of specific work objectives and critical issues
• Plan, develops, or coordinates and directs a large and important engineering project or a number of small projects with many complex features within the Engineering Group to meet company objectives
• Carries out complex or novel research assignment requiring development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
• Responsibility for the direction of others: Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of engineers
• Estimates manpower needs, schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
• Actively participate in weekly Customer Support Team (cross functional) meetings to support the Product Line
• Generate and administer annual Performance Reviews for group members, make salary adjustment recommendations within company guidelines and define job performance expectations for next 12 month evaluation period and identify Group member skills/training needs, recommend improvement plans and implement approved plans
• Generate Monthly Reports on projects progress/go forward plans to company and corporate staff
• Review and approve group generated Engineering Documents (proposals, cost estimates, drawings, specifications, reports, etc.) and Engineering Purchase Authorizations
• Actively participate in significant customer and supplier technical and programmatic meetings
• Work closely with Sales and Engineering Test Lab to achieve company customer satisfaction goals
• Drive group members to regularly report significant customer communications, project progress/milestones, scope creep and meet project cost, schedule and requirements
• Identify, propose and implement approved Engineering process improvements and Capital acquisitions for cost reduction purposes
• Actively seek, identify and communicate to Sales new product opportunities during customer visits/contacts
• Complies and conducts business in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Promotes ethical behavior by acting with honesty and integrity
• Perform other duties as required
This Engineering Manager was promoted to a Business Unit Manager which has created this opening. This company is growing and has just added 30,000 sq ft to their building to accomodate this growth. Unlimted potential for motivated career minded individuals. Nice suburban location, casual work environment.
- Engineering Degree-BSME preferred
- 5-10 years of experience designing electro mechanical components
- 1-2 years of management of staff or project management will be considered
- Aerospace experience a plus but not a must.