For a Trifecta in award recognition, Our Company, a leader in the development of Class A multifamily housing, is recognized as the number one most active apartment developer in Dallas-Fort Worth for the Third Year in a Row! Our Company was the largest builder of new apartment construction in the TX region in 2017! We have more than 4,000 apartment homes under construction currently with Millions of square footage under management.
Our Company is a national developer, builder and investment manager of Class A multifamily assets across the U.S. and is the most active multifamily developer in Dallas-Fort Worth. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Our Company also has offices in California, Arizona, and New York. With over a 30-year history of successful developments throughout major U.S. markets, Our Company stands among the most active privately held real estate companies in the country. Our executive leadership team has an average of 25 years of comprehensive experience in multifamily developments – ranging from low-density garden apartments and mid- to high-density wrap and podium projects to student-living housing projects and mixed-use high-rise developments. The company offers investment management, pre-development, underwriting, marketing and asset management services as well as construction, financial and administrative services.
The Superintendent will manage daily operations onsite including the project staff and subcontractors. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Must have several years of experience building Wrap/Podium type projects, from start up through completion.
- Preferred experience with cast-in-place and precast garage construction
- Prefer locally based candidates who are familiar with our local codes and have already worked with many of our local subcontractors.
- Extensive background checks performed on all employees
- Ipad provided for all field based employees. Superintendents also receive a computer.
• Work with other staff members to negotiate any changes with subcontractors
• Ensures compliance with company policies and safety procedures as well as contract plans and specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required for review
• Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
• Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
• Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices
• Draft, review and approve works and purchase / change orders
• Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phase
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
KEY Skills and Abilities
- MULTIFAMILY Construction Experience (Projects $40-60+MM)
- Wrap, Podium Style project experience
- Scheduling Expertise
- Communication skills
- Negotiating | Contracts skills
- Ability to work well with a team & manage multiple employees as needed
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Construction/Business Management preferred.
- 8+ years of construction superintendent experience in the MULTIFAMILY ground-up / new-construction industry
Summary of Position:
Industry: MULTIFAMILY New Construction
Project Size: $40-60+ Million Wrap/Podium Style Apartments (NO Garden Style structures)
Location: Dallas, TX (Not a Travel Position | must live in Dallas)
Salary Range: $125-135,000/year salary + Bonus + Benefits