Full Time with Benefits
- The Hospital Safety Officer will report to the Executive Director of Facility Management.
- Will ensure a safe work/care environment is met in accordance with National/State/Local rules and regulations,
- and in compliance with accreditation/licensure standards at all times.
- Employs the risk management program designed to identify, prevent and minimize risk, and stops work in the event of immediate threat to life and safety at the assigned business unit.
- Conducts daily walk throughs of facilities, investigates safety hazards, prepares reports, makes recommendations to correct safety hazards and monitors status of deficiencies noted for operational leadership.
- Works closely with all levels of staff and management, government regulatory agencies, local emergency agencies, and Safety and other hospital contractors in exercise of duties.
The port city of Tacoma, Washington is on the Puget Sound, and the community is recognized as one of the most livable and walkable. It offers can't miss things to do, from attending special events, to getting involved in the arts and learning about local history: to dining at independent restaurants and staying active at area parks. It has become the place for young creatives, musicians, writers, artist and entrepreneurs. The international waterfront city has a lot of great food to offer from cheap food at nearby food tricks to upscale dining and some of the nation's finest seafood. You won't have a problem finding something good to eat.
This is the place if you love long hot summers, sunny days and not too much precipitation. Tacoma doesn't get much snow. In fact, they get about 0.1'' per year.
The city has four hospitals and 50 parks
Located 35 miles south of Seattle
Bachelor's Degree in Safety or other related field or five (5) years of healthcare safety experienceCertification in Industrial/Occupational SafetyValid Washington State Drivers LicenseCapable of successful completion of Hazardous Materials/Waste Management OperationsHAZWOPER Technician Level within 6 months of employment