In this hands on role, you and your team will convert business needs into system design and requirements, ensuring timely delivery and quality of Systems Engineering deliverables for these products while meeting customer needs, business objectives, and strategic goals. The successful candidate is a strong leader who excels at communicating and coordinating activities between the Systems Engineering and other teams.
Expected responsibilities include driving new product development and cost down initiatives while meeting manufacturing, safety, quality, regulatory code compliance, and marketing objectives. To be successful, you must be capable of driving innovation and new product development, estimating development costs, and monitoring assigned projects through all phases of development. The successful candidate is a systems thinker well versed in current product development methodologies (Agile, stage-gate) who flourishes in a fast paced and ever-changing environment and is comfortable exploring new areas.
- Plan, oversee, contribute to, and directly implement systems engineering requirements management within an overall product development effort
- Plan, oversee, and directly drive the Risk Management and Mitigation deliverables.
- Drive solutions on product development core teams to systems problems, owning the risk management deliverables while ensuring user experience is translated into system design and requirements
- Be capable of adapting and managing in different technologies helping to spearhead R&D team transformation to meet business and technology challenges.
- Work with the various engineering teams to map function to form in defining the system architecture of complex systems.
- Provide presentations, seminars, manuscripts and other information to support the technical integrity of the systems engineering function both internally and externally.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to device engineering team members regarding their career development plans ensuring each member executes those plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years in Engineering. Previous experience working in either the medical device or a regulated industry with a background in R&D Enginering is highly preferred
- Proactive, engaged leadership style with demonstrated ability to dig deep into challenges, bringing together the relevant stakeholders to resolve complex technical design problems and deliver required solutions with required quality levels on time and within budget
Results-oriented leadership mindset with strong planning and organizational skills who is able to envision and articulate the future while driving day to day cross-functional activities and discussions
- Experience working in an Agile or hybrid agile/iterative development processes
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile app development or mobile UI design & architecture a plus
- Experience working with Human Factors a plus
** This opening requires that candidates have either a Green Card or US Citizenship **