Strategic IT leadership opportunity for a candidate with senior level IT experience in a major transportation company.
• Drives long-term regional business and IT priorities for the North America Managed Transportation Sector and develops overall strategy for systems / applications development, hardware acquisition and integration in line with division and corporate strategy
• Participates in regional Managed Transportation business planning, keeps informed and shares current knowledge and future perspective of technology and systems as related to the Managed Transportation's competitive position
• North America division is looking to grow their Transportation business by improving existing service offerings, digitalizing the business and adding senior talent to work with customers and improve their position in the industry.
The VP IT will focus on the following
-Support of Pursuits and project delivery for Transportation only customers
-Serve as the IT contact for operations and customers and ensure that a standard and consistent IT platform is deployed
-Serve as the IT lead for any M&A due diligence activities
-Enhancing the Transportation Service Offering
Direct store delivery. Enhanced IT visibility thru connected view integration with XRS (onboard computing) and Ortec (fleet management) Integration of digital freight platform to improve fleet utilization
Digital Freight Platform stand alone solution to customers
Digital Freight Platform as solution for spot buys for Managed Transportation customers
Network set up in OTM
Based on campus moves, set up a network in OTM that can be sold to existing warehousing customers
Support the roll-out of transportation analytics
Work across business owners to develop best-in-class visibility of managed transportation, fleet and brokerage dashboards
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in IT functions with leadership responsibility in a leading transportation industry company.
• Manages and leads teams through expertise in all areas of the IT function