Direct Hire - Full-time
37.5 hours per week
Lake Placid, NY
Occupational therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. State specific Occupational Therapy license required.
- Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance with physician's orders; maintains required contact with physician.
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy program.
- Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
- Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director of Occupational Therapy.
- Maintains statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
- Records and updates resident's care plan.
Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.State license to practice occupational therapy required.Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.Ability to direct others necessary.Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members required.Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner necessary.Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.