The New Business Development Lead will secure new business across the entire workforce management spectrum—spanning staffing, RPO, VMS, MSP and Workforce Consulting for large enterprise-level sales. Expand and enhance business relationships with prospective customers to contribute to enhanced sales growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and market share in the Natural Resources industry. Responsible for researching assigned markets and proactively identifying and securing opportunities across all of our staffing, outsourcing, and consulting lines.
The New Business Development Lead is responsible for business development and sales of the entire suite of workforce solutions to new prospective clients across multiple geographies. This is a professional sales executive experienced in the Energy/Natural Resources vertical and understands the issues their prospective clients are facing and brings disruptive insight that challenges their thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase the number of new opportunities in the sales pipeline, effectively drive the opportunities through the funnel, to a closed contract.
- Owns and is accountable for the entire sales cycle while coordinating and or engaging support from appropriate internal stakeholders to execute against pursuit strategies when necessary.
- Create sales plans to grow market share differentiating against competitors to acquire new business.
- Work with Client Leads/Verticals on account expansion and new business opportunities within large accounts such as acquisitions, new solutions, etc.
- Initiate and drive senior level engagement
- Influence decisions of high level stakeholders in order to create a win/win opportunities
- Apply the knowledge of labor, community and industry awareness to a business development opportunity, and educate the client while bringing innovative ideas to the table.
- Work closely and consult with partners in operations, product groups and support groups to leverage capabilities and close sales.
- Develop client and industry networks that are both deep and wide to create demonstrated, active relationships within these networks.
- Continue to be knowledgeable of competitor positions.
- Work closely with pricing and finance to develop profitable solutions.
- Responsible for managing pipeline within Salesforce.com and reporting to management.
- Creation/Execution of Named Prospect portfolio strategy
- Maintain pipeline required to achieve or exceed targets
- Achieve tenured productivity targets
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- 7 years of experience in high level, business to business sales
- Previous success selling to the Energy/Natural Resources markets
- Experience in services or solutions based sales selling MSP/VMS, RPO, and/or BPO workforce solutions and/or related outsourcing solutions
- Staffing industry knowledge (or similar)
- Experience in selling to high level contacts at large accounts.
- High level of financial acumen.
- Ability to travel 60% or as needed.