Progressive, highly profitable, well established CPA firm is currently looking to fill the position of Tax Director. You must have 10+ years’ of recent public accounting tax experience including preparing/reviewing complex tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts. Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statements is desired. Experience in year-end tax planning for individuals and corporations is required and knowledge in retirement planning is desirable. Multi-State tax compliance knowledge is a plus. An ideal candidate should have prior experience in meeting with clients, working independently, and thinking creatively in the planning process. Incumbent should be able to research and provide solutions for complex tax issues and remain abreast on changes in tax code. Financial Statement & General Ledger Experience is required. QuickBooks knowledge is a plus. Additionally the position requires strong communication, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, management and PC skills including (desired: Ultratax, Miscrosoft Suite, QuickBooks proficiency). Our firm has many long-term staff members and we would like you to be part of the family.
We are an established and growing full service CPA firm dedicated to providing superior, personalized tax and accounting services. We have always exceeded expectations by tailoring our services to client needs and providing the highest level of personalized service. Our professionals possess depth of knowledge and keep abreast of the latest developments in their respective fields of expertise and use them to assist our clients in achieving their financial goals. We provide bookkeeping services, tax planning, new business advisory, and much more. We work closely with our client’s wealth and legal advisors to ensure the clients receive the best possible outcome in regards to tax planning, business strategies or retirement needs. Because of this unique approach, our clients are better served to make sound financial decisions and partner with us as trusted business advisors. In addition to our wide range of business accounting and tax services, we also provide tax preparation services for individuals. Our expertise encompasses many Industries including, but not limited to medical practices, manufacturing companies, developers, professional service companies, and engineering and construction firms.
If you are looking to grow your career with a well-established firm located in heart of Phoenix, please send your resume, along with your salary history and expectations. We proudly offer an excellent benefit and compensation package, an ideal work/life balance, flexible hours, opportunity for growth & advancement. Additionally, you will enjoy being part of a reputed firm that has been in the Phoenix valley for over 30 years.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management, and client service skills by:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team. Owning client relationships and work
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Engages in business development and client relationship management activities.
- Assists the department Principals in the strategic development of the department.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 7-10 years technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of management/ supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills. Strong time management and follow through skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology (Computer proficiency with software programs such as RIA Checkpoint, Thomson Reuters full suite of tax software: UltraTax, Workpapers, Practice CS and File Cabinet, Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer