Our client is seeking a Hydraulic Regional Sales Engineer for their IA, MN, WI, ND, SD, Manitoba & Western, Ontario region. You will be the foremost Technical interface to customers in both pre- and after-sales and act as the key link between applications (when required) and engineering teams. In this role, you will directly support the Customer as the technical expert on the product portfolio to secure design wins and manage the technical support of the customer through the design-in phase all the way to product end of life. You will establish and maintain close technical ties to the customer account to facilitate rapid resolution of customer issues and to also identify upgrade opportunities with existing accounts.
- Represents the company to customers and prospects in a specified Product / Marketing area or to specific list of accounts.
- Introduces specific and new company products; demonstrates features and uses; answers questions regarding product application; makes calls with vendor representatives to sell and introduce new products.
- Create cost estimates based upon the Customers SPECIFIC requirements
- Forwards information on competitors’ activities, new products, promotions and sales leads to Sales and Product Managers
- Systemically prospects for new accounts. Call on customers in an economical and systematic order; analyzes and organizes activities in territory to maximize efforts. Call on customers and receives order s and requests for quotes from customer.
- Constantly strives to improve selling skills and knowledge. Attends sales meetings and other company meetings as requested; may be required to attend industry shows and conventions.
- May assist management in orienting and training new Technical Sales Representatives and trainees, making sales calls and giving instructions.
- Submits reports and expense reports as requested; may be required to submit a variety of other reports as requested. Uses electronic data information is selling efforts. Maintain customer list and contacts.
- Assist in collecting from delinquent accounts; obtain credit information from new customers for setup.
- Entertains customers and maintains goodwill. Handles customer complaints and warranty problems by overseeing resolution.
- Handles and other requests that would be required to accomplish tasks. Performs other related job functions as needed to reach results.
- Technical Competence in Hydraulic Systems (specifically motor and pumps) and Power Transmission Products such as planetary gearboxes
- Application Engineering Expertise
- Cost Estimating
- Detail analysis of Specification
- Detailed understanding of equipment functionality
- Project Management skills
- Ability to prepare project timelines
- Change order management
- Active Listening
- Social Perceptiveness
- Time Management
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field
- Several years prior related experience
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of product features, benefits and use, and continually expands upon knowledge.
- Complete knowledge of selling techniques and ability to close sales.
- Occasional lifting or moving 40 pounds or more.
- Travel within Territory.
You will be rewarded with an industry-competitive compensation plan and great company benefits.
Client requires US Citizenship or Green Card Permanent Resident Status, no sponsorship available.
Do to the expected amount of responses only qualified applicants will be contacted