Major international company has an opportunity at one of their plant sites located commutable to the east of Indianapolis, IN for a Maintenance Manager
due to an upcoming retirement. In this very large facility that is metal working manufacturing the role will be over both facilities and equipment maintenance departments. One or two supervisors will report directly to this individual. Major company benefits including a 401K with matching and an annual contribution based on years of service.
- Presentation skills that are strong and comfortable presenting to corporate leadership.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree, but will consider an associate’s degree
- At least 8 years of experience in project management, factory / industrial equipment maintenance, electrical / plumbing / mechanical infrastructure maintenance and construction related project management
- Electrical engineering experience a plus
- Experience at the management level versus supervisory level is needed
- Working knowledge of regulatory and / or construction specifications and facilities management skills
- Prefer blueprint knowledge
- Interest in and ability to develop people and a department
- Strong leadership skills
- Prefer working knowledge of lean tools such as Total Plant Maintenance, preventative and predictive maintenance and standard work
- Strong project management skills and history of managing capital facility projects from proposal through implementation as well as with bid process, developing budget expectations and capital requisitions to management