- Coordinates project designs with other disciplines to determine equipment needs, implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to ensure compliance with construction and government standards
- Evaluates the work of technical staff and provides feedback and/or corrections based on client needs
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, clients, and client representatives to determine project scope
- Produces written specifications for project equipment and construction methods
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, building codes
- Assists senior technical staff in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
- Assists project manager in establishing budgets, cost estimates, and project schedules
- Assists management in the execution of technical training for less experienced staff members
- Utilizes and assists less experienced staff in understanding company technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients
- Assists senior technical staff in the evaluation of less experienced staff members
- Acts and performs activities inside and outside the office in a manner consistent with ethical engineering standards in the company handbook
- As needed, assists team leader with project assignments, scheduling, and team manpower planning.
The Transportation Engineer will assist the senior engineering staff in the supervision of the technical activities required on assigned projects and understands the discipline technical policies and procedures; participates in the development of technical studies, investigations and designs on assigned projects; assists the project team in the scoping, budgeting and staffing of projects and in the production of projects on time, within budget and of the highest technical quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil r Transportation Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Must have Roadway design experience.
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies.
- Must be proficient in Microstation and Civil3D
- Knowledge of drafting and design procedures and standards.
- Experience with ARTD, TDOT and MDOT preferred