Our client is a world leader in laboratory equipment and services and has an opportunity for a Vice President Sales & Service. The Vice President of Sales & Service for the Eastern regional office is responsible for selling and managing the sales and service activities for the Eastern region and the company’s individual product lines. The VP is an upper management position and serves as a representative of the company’s values to all employees and customers while reporting to the President. The position will be based in the Richmond, VA area.
- Overall productivity and effectiveness of a Regional Sales Office and accountable for overall profitability of the Eastern Sales Region
- Developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization
- Identifies market opportunities for product sales within the territory assigned
- Develops and manages annual marketing and expense budgets in collaboration with the Marketing Manager
- Monitors expenses vs. budget
- Authorizes discounts exceeding authority of lower management level according to internal policy
- Anticipates sales staffing levels as business demands dictate
- Interviews, hires and develops staff, assigns and schedules work, and appraises performance Has hiring/firing authority
- Reviews and recommends staff salaries
- Ensures that sales and service personnel are properly trained, and their skills are continually being advanced
- Ensures ISO Compliance in collaboration with the Quality and Compliance Manager
- Prepares periodic sales reports for President indicating sales progress, sales vs. quotas, etc.
- Must have BS degree in chemistry, engineering, physics or similar technical field (not computer science)
- Sales or Service Management experience with the analytical instrumentation industry.
- 5 years of experience in successfully applying business and marketing concepts
The client offers a highly competitive compensation package (salary, bonus, company car) and an outstanding low-cost benefits package for the full family that starts on day one.