This team is responsible for developing, optimizing, and implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for all of the company's manufacturing plants worldwide. Technologies can include: precision coating, extrusion, thermal embossing, drying/curing, lamination, and other web-based processes such as printing and label converting.
- serve as the resident automation and controls expert
- will be part a team of experts in coating (they are industry leaders globally!)
- work closely with the management team; giving you the opportunity to stand out and make an impact
- international travel
- great benefits package
- opportunities to grow
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this position, you will support senior staff through all phases of project execution, from concept design, to scale-up, to commercialization. This requires close collaboration with vendors and plants globally with a special focus on the automation and control of high precision electro-mechanical systems. You will work to build and design on site in California and then travel nationally and internationally for installations and occasionally for troubleshooting/repair.
This will involve...
- Designing and implementing precision motion control systems, with focus on tight tolerance machine design.
- Supporting global projects that require mechanical design, and process automation and motion control expertise.
- Inspecting, installing, and commissioning equipment in manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Coordinating and managing resources, including outside vendors and company personnel, to ensure that the equipment and processes provided meet all requirements and specifications.
- Designing and executing necessary experiments in support of design and project objectives.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Master's degree a plus.
- 5 years of relevant work experience also desired.
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in PLC programming (especially Rockwell/Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms).
- Knowledge in Servo Motion is a plus.
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools also required (Solidworks or AutoCAD).
- Must possess competence in mechanical systems design skills and process technology understanding in order to take a project from concept design through commercialization.
- Able and willing to travel within the USA and internationally - 40% travel