POSITION OVERVIEW: Our client located in Lincolnshire, IL is looking for a Commvault Backup and Recovery Engineer to maintain enterprise backup and support restoration. The right candidate will support and meet data recovery expectations and ensure the data backup and recovery strategy and focus maintain enterprise disaster recovery alignments.
This is a Direct Hire position, not C2C, not contract, with no visa sponsorships available of any kind, and we do not work with any third party consulting firms. You must currently live in the United States to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you are looking for a contract position.
- Maintain and support enterprise backup and recovery systems
- Monitor space and backup requirements across the enterprise proactively
- Support SQL Server, Oracle, and Progress database backups and restorations
- Prepare backup reports and maintain backup documentation
- Maintain Service Level Agreements and participate in IT audits
- Senior to expert level experience managing enterprise level multi-server backups
- 1 year of experience managing backup software and related infrastructure such as Commvault, NetBackup, Networker, and/or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- 1 year of experience managing storage technologies such as EMC, IBM, NetApp, or Hitachi
- Experience configuring and scheduling backup jobs to complete in an allotted time
- Moderate VMWare, Hyper-v, or KVM virtualization technology experience
- Moderate Windows Server, Linux, and IBM AIX experience
Local candidates are preferred for this role because this company does not offer a relocation package, nor do they reimburse for travel expenses to the interview. Please consider that before applying.