Working for a 95+ year old company with 25+ offices across the US, Canada & Bermuda, the MANAGER - ELECTRICAL TESTING & COMMISSIONING will manage groups of employees testing and commissioning substations, industrial facilities, maintenance and acceptance testing of cables, switches, breakers, wind farms, solar farms, battery storage, and transformers. This position will require some travel and successful candidate should possess strong computer skills and be able to be flexible with work hours. Assist in hiring and supporting training of field technicians and project leads.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage group of employees in all aspects of Acceptance and Maintenance Testing of electrical equipment in substation and industrial environments and applications such as
o Oil / Dry type Transformer testing
o LV/MV/HV Breaker testing. High Current injection
o All types of Switches
o MCC Panels
o Electric Motors, Generators
o Cable Testing Hi POT, Tan Delta, VLF
o Protective Relay testing electromechanical, solid state
o ATS / MTS NETA testing Specifications
o UPS Testing
o Ground Testing, Fall of Potential
o Understand electrical prints and schematics
o Estimating and quoting
• Maintain strong client relationships
• Manage high level projects
• Impeccable safety record
• OSHA 30
• Fluent in Power DB, Protection Suite etc
Education & Skill Requirements
• Ideal candidate will have 6+ years of professional experience in the electrical testing industry, including experience in low, medium and high voltage circuit breakers, power transformers, instrument transformers, and substation protection and controls testing.
• Five years of experience in managing employees
• NETA II, III or NETA IV certification or equivalent
• BSEE, P.E. (preferred, not required)
• Valid driver license
• Acceptable background check
• Ability to work in the United States without employer assistance
• Proven experience with Electrical Field Testing Standards, practices, and procedures such as NETA, IEEE, NFPA applicable standards.
• Demonstrable knowledge of testing electrical distribution, generation and transmission projects with voltage levels ranging from 15 kV to 500 kV.
• Good interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills, and ability to perform mathematical calculations, working knowledge of computer systems and project environment skills.
• Administrative software: MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experienced in managing and reading electrical drawings.