Established international company has an opportunity at a manufacturing plant commute distance to the east of Columbia, SC for a CMM Technician – 2nd or 3rd shift
. In this capacity will program CMM utilizing PC-DMIS, write job instructions , be involved with R&R studies, perform capability studies, be involved with control of equipment and gages, train inspectors on the use of gages, coordinate calibrations and well as repair and maintain equipment. Quality Engineers will also be assisted with preparation of PPAP documentation. The company uses a Global Performance with PCDMIS 2013 MR1 software. It is a DCC CMM.
- Requires a high school diploma
- Must have PC-DMIS programming using CAD models
- CAD experience with either SolidWorks or AutoCAD
- Written and verbal strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T
- Problem solving skills that are good
- Skill with MS Office: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Prefer a CQT or CQE from ASQ
- Prefer lean or Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge of German language a plus
- Plus also work be tensile / compression and COF testing
- Color experience a plus