Why consider this opportunity?
- Stability and Growth: This Company has been in business for well over 50 years and yet have recently experienced an increase in sales and have been taking steps to modernization manufacturing operations; 2017 into 2018 has been a record breaking year for them and they are predicting additional growth in 2019.
- Friendly yet Professional: They are large enough to offer stability and yet small enough that the Senior Managers knows the professional staff by name and more importantly by contribution.
- A great base salary plus company sponsored insurance programs (Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Life); Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Group Insurance (Life, AD&D, LTD), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401K Plan with matching, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Company Holidays. ** (See recruiter to recruiter comments for details)
- Participate as a member of the Continuous Improvement Team representing the Finance and Accounting Department on teams designed to improve operations, reduce cost, and reduce inventories.
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
- Direct the annual physical inventory at three (3) manufacturing locations. Reconcile counts to the perpetual inventory balances and post adjustments; investigation of major count variances to determine root causes.
- Conduct fixed asset physical inventories, one location per year on a rotating basis. (Supports 3 manufacturing sites)
- Monitor Inventory Turns and Days on Hand with reporting to management.
- Responsible for obsolete inventory reporting, controls, and analysis. Partner with Sales & Marketing and Operations functions to reduce obsolescence occurrences.
- Complete Manufacturing Variance Reporting and analysis including PPV, Material Usage Variances, and Inventory adjustments.
- Manage import of data into ERP system.
Requested Background profile:
Applicants will have a strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years cost accountant/ plant accountant experience in a manufacturing company including responsibility for physical inventory
- Advanced Excel skills to include, but not be limited to, proficiency in use of Pivot Tables and V-lookups.
- Hands on ERP experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and interactions at various levels of a manufacturing organization.
- Project Management skills preferred.
- Can commute to Newark - Glasgow DE (No retraction assistance for this position)
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA (no sponsorship)
Footnote: ** I am happy to discuss salary details prior to forwarding your resume but am not permitted to openly publish the high end of the confidential salary range. I have posted something that includes a low end number plus I have exceeded the maximum (in an obvious way so as not to be misleading).