Essential Job Functions include:
- Lead, train, and motivate all vertical business units, field sales force, strategic marketing, and customer service departments.
- Develop strategic and tactical sales/marketing plans that meet corporate financial objectives.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for revenue, profitability, market growth, and customer satisfaction to track performance and provide feedback to stakeholders.
- Support completion of SWOT analyses to fully understand customers’ needs and demands for new products; then develop differentiated programs that fulfill those needs.
- Provide feedback, coaching, training, and establish career development plans for employees.
- Develop annual and monthly forecasting of sales revenue, volumes, margins, and expense budgets. Implement corrective actions when needed throughout the fiscal year.
- Develop product pricing/margins, sales promotions, training tools, marketing programs, collateral material, and potentially alternative channel partners.
- Utilize CRM software to track sales pipelines and share best practices.
- Provide key forecasting inputs in areas such as refinery production prioritization, inventory management, product mix, economic evaluations, and market analyses.
- Maintain broad market awareness of the wide variety of end uses for base oils, lubricants, solvents, waxes, and other related petroleum derivatives.
- Travel throughout the US as required to provide support and to drive profitable new growth including but not limited to site visits, industry conferences, and client outings.
Qualifications for this role include:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field required, advanced degree a plus.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- 12+ years of Sales, Business Development, and/or Marketing leadership experience within the Oil & Gas, Hydrocarbon Processing, Refining, or Petrochemical industries.
- Facilitate remote work teams utilizing principles of Servant Leadership.
- Prior P&L experience with strong business acumen and excellent negotiating skills.
- Well-developed relationship management skills and consultative selling approach.
- Clear track record of delivering results with the ability to build high-performance teams.
- Industry knowledge of commercial petroleum products such as engine oils, lubricants, greases, metalworking fluids, solvents, waxes, and other related products.
- Independent problem-solving and change management skills.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent multitasking skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight throughout the US.
Our client is a profitable privately-held ISO 9001:2015 certified refinery that produces a variety of specialty lubricants, high quality waxes, base oils, solvents, gasoline and fuels. Compensation includes an attractive base salary, annual bonus, company vehicle, matching 401-K, and comprehensive benefits. Full paid relocation will be offered with this position.