The General Manager oversees the facility to ensure all customer requirements are met on a timely basis. This position is responsible for managing the overall facilities activities, including P&L performance. They will direct and coordinate activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits.
General Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the facilities activities to ensure the safety of associates, high product quality standards and schedules are met so customers are satisfied and the P&L is positively managed at or below budgeted cost.
- Build excellent rapport with customers to establish solid customer network.
- Responsible for meeting budgets and managing financial results.
- Responsible for sales activities which leads to customer orders, sales growth and customer satisfaction.
- Lead the development of sales opportunities.
- Able to manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identified operational targets.
- Analyzes plant budget to identify areas in which reductions can be made.
- Influence positive change and continuous improvements using Lean, TPS, and trained problem solving methodologies.
- Direct changes in methods, planning and processing required to meet or exceed forecasts and control costs.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure customer requirements are met on a continual basis.
- Proactively work with customers to resolve issues.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience managing an industrial supply facility.
- Proficient computer skills including Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point experience.
- Must have proficient knowledge of profit loss statements and balance sheet financial reporting.
- Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven or metrics driven management systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.