Job # 3192
The RF Electrical Manufacturing Engineer will foster a professional Manufacturing Engineering function within our company.
Your role is vital in directing and coordinating all aspects of our manufacturing engineering including the planning, design, setup, optimization, monitoring and reporting on the manufacturing processes which are predominantly electronics, RF and controls modules as well as the wiring assemblies of our positioning equipment products.
Familiarity with the following equipment types is important to include RF mixers, multipliers, multiplexers, receivers, position controllers, mechanical positioners, and antenna measurement systems.
You will be responsible and accountable for achieving the financial objectives of product cost and timely delivery. You also will recommend capital expenditures to improve the processes and be responsible for tracking product cost against standards. Responsible to direct, coordinate and monitor the processes to affect efficient and timely product realization. This manufacturing engineering position involves the procurement, assembly, test and shipping processes of a low volume, high technology, high variation product mix produced in a project driven build-to-order production working environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Focus on improvements in product quality, in production efficiency, and in reducing shop lead time during the building and testing of our RF and Electromagnetic products.
• Identify and document electrical engineering related product issues in production. Work with engineering to affect corrective action on these issues.
• Focus on quoting material and labor cost to build and test standard products and custom systems to support the preparation of proposals.
• Document and coordinate the establishment of assembly methods and test procedures.
• Interacts with Quality on matters of vendor delivered quality and vendor rating systems.
• Measures progress against established standards of performance.
• Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality, and organization of the production line.
• Manages facilities and equipment maintenance.
• Participates in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- This position may require up to 15% domestic and international travel
• Establishes departmental standards of performance; quality, cost, and productivity.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving issues.
Our Manufacturing engineering team lead is ideal for an electrical or manufacturing engineer who can be our team lead in advancing the quality and lean practices of our manufacturing environment. Work with our extremely high-tech equipment within the microwave, antenna and electromagnetic engineering industry. Based in Southern California where the weather is great, and the cultural / recreational activities are endless. You can expect great benefits and room for growth
** You must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance
** It is highly desirable to have Six Sigma and Lean experience, coupled with 5 years minimum of materials experience including supervision of electrical assembly functions
• Knowledge of how to use RF test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal sources for testing electronic products.
• Ability to understand, follow, and continuous improve test procedures.
• Basic electronics troubleshooting skills for identifying defects in RF cables, wiring harnesses, and power supplies.
• Demonstrated understanding of product costing and cost management skills
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering with a minimum of 5 Years of industry work history including the supervision of electrical assembly functions.