We are seeking a Payroll Clerk in the Indianapolis, IN area
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for processing weekly payroll for assigned states and locations.
This position requires strong adherence to payroll processing policies and confidentiality.
Candidates with payroll data entry processing experience is needed.
Having strong attention to details, time management and deadline driven, and having the ability to improve processes and solve problem are all skills needed for this position.
- Responsible for data entry of payroll of 300+ employees for bi-weekly period
- Entering of new hires, employee changes voluntary deductions in the payroll system
- Processing of manual checks such as terminations and discrepancies
- Prepare and process hourly and salaried bi-weekly payrolls
- Prepare and process garnishments
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay, and any required adjustment to normal pay
- Processing stop payments or adjustments of payroll
- Calculate bonuses as requested
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed
- High School diploma required.
- 3+ years experience with computerized in-house payroll processing data entry
- Proficient with in-house payroll processing procedures for multiple states and locations
- Experience with large / high volume payroll and time collection processes
- Knowledge of Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Word. Should be comfortable with computer applications in general
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
Please submit your resume for this Payroll Clerk position.