In this role, you will be the primary point of responsibility, authority and accountability for large capital investment projects ranging from $500,000 to $50,000,000. You will be the project team leader of diverse groups for all projects assigned throughout the entire project life cycle and will be accountable for communicating project status to the project stakeholders. You will be responsible for the overall project execution and ensuring success of the projects with regard to cost management, resource availability, completion time as well as specific functionality targets.
What will be expected from you?
· Actively manage the execution of assigned capital and expense projects through the site project execution process. Ensuring engineering and construction resources coincide adequately within each project’s capital and schedule parameters.
· Provides oversight and development of new project ideas with the Front End Loading Engineering Manager to meet the needs of the site project execution process.
· Participates in and conducts scope and project reviews as they relate to assigned projects. Reviews and develops project justifications. Develops project overview presentations for site and senior leadership.
· Provides technical solutions to plant problems within the framework of his/her technical background.
· Responsible for implementation of project workflow utilizing both internal and external resources to allow efficient execution of all project work assigned, inclusive of both capital and expense work.
· Manage all aspects of assigned projects as necessary to meet expected deliverables.
· Accountable for meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure project execution effectiveness: Safety / Schedule / Cost / Operational Performance.
· Ensure safety and environmental compliance of the overall project design.
· Accountable for coordinating Process Safety Management reviews and all documentation updates required for assigned projects.
· Accountable for providing consistent project updates through effective communication with site and corporate personnel.
· Accountable for overall project scope of work and cost development, engineering design, drafting, construction, commissioning including documentation and training.
· Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
· Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals.
· Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
· Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of electrical engineering experience with 5 plus years of Project Management experience is highly preferred. Experience in high power electrical distribution is key (up to 69kV) systems
Instrument Electrical Project Engineer/Manager
This position is a direct hire role that will be working at a large chemical plant location for this well-known global chemical company. You will be given the autonomy to work these projects with your valuable knowledge and experience but will also have an intelligent group of team members to bounce your ideas off of. The leadership team at this facility is exceptional. You will receive continued growth and development and have room for promotion to higher levels in the organization whether on the technical track or a management track. There are opportunities for you to transfer to other locations across the USA and even global wide.
This facility is highly profitable for the company and relies on talented individuals to keep the facility running at high production rates.
You will receive excellent compensation in this role and excellent benefit plans. Relocation is offered as well.
- BS Degree in electrical engineer (will look at other related engineering degree's) and 10 years of electrical engineering experience with 5 plus years of Project Management experience
- Experience in a petrochemical or refining facility is required
- Prior experience in front-end design and detail design project functions desired
- Prefer candidates trained in a staged gate process
- Proficient with scheduling software such as Primavera P6
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven analytical thinker with conceptual understanding and ability of applying experiences and knowledge to identify best solutions
- Able to solve complex problems and identify the appropriate resources
- Able to build relationships and lead teams from across all organizational lines
- Knowledge of high power electrical distribution (up to 69kV) systems
- Experience with distributed control systems (Foxboro and Delta V)
- CAPM preferred
- PMP or PgMP preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC. Please visit the website below for TWIC eligibility and requirements: https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Must be authorized to work in the USA without the need for sponsorship (US permanent residency or US citizenship)