International manufacturer of automotive components has immediate need for a Quality Manager with a strong background in manufacturing and a great job record.--This is a beautiful area of New Hampshire with a low cost of living and close to mountain lakes and a state forest.
QUALITY MANAGER - MANUFACTURING (ASHLAND)
We are looking for an aspiring Quality Engineering Professional with a passion for Manufacturing!
- Coordinates implementation of Quality System in all facets of PFF operation.
- Effectively coordinate and establish valid quality standards that are acceptable to the customers.
- Provide effective records and analysis of scrap to production, engineering, and the laboratory to provide the basis for quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Assure timely completion of customer part certification requirements and assist vendor certification/audit program to enhance quality.
- Establish Statistical Process Control throughout production areas to aid in improvement of quality and manufacturing systems.
- Maintain close communication with sales, application engineers and other support personnel to improve customer service.
- Maintain close communication with customers relative to quality trends and standards.
- Manages QSI system and ensures effective execution of the QSI system.
- Drive continual improvement through the quality system utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Systems methodology.
- Manages the Quality Management System for the plant.
- Manages and controls quality documents.
- Coordinates the Quality Records Retention System for the Plant.
- Manages the Document Control System.
- Participates on the Management Team in reviewing the plant’s Environmental Management System.
- Responsible for Quality Standard as outlined in CH-01-B-0001
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Management and Quality Control is required. A Masters’ Degree is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Advanced Quality Planning, problem solving techniques and other quality systems.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written are required.
- Travel is required as well as unusual work schedule due to customer visits or requirements
- Position requires a courteous personality capable of easing the customers during crisis situations while keeping the interests of in mind.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by Supervisors or Managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.