Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Neurosurgical ICU opportunity is available at a leading university medical center located in beautiful central Virginia!
The Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit focuses on critically ill patients with neurological injuries or damage or those who are recovering from brain or spine surgery. The 12-bed unit provides the advantage of state-of-the-art imaging technologies and specialized patient care. We offer care for patients with:
- Hemorrhages, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, status epilepticus (constant seizures), encephalitis, meningitis and myasthenia gravis crisis
- Respiratory or blood pressure problems due to neurological disorders such as Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Medical complications such as pneumonia, hypotension, sepsis or other medical complications combined with neurological, neurosurgical or orthopedic problems
- Education: Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience: Prior experience as an RN in a similar unit. Exceptional new NPs will be considered.
- License/Certification: Licensed (or eligible) to Practice as an RN and NP in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Licensed to prescribe medication in Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification. ACNP or AG ACNP.
Paid relocation, sign-on bonus, excellent compensation package.
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume along with the best days and time to reach you.